Tuesday, May 14, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Wet 'n Wild 8-pan Eyeshadow in I HEART Matte

I have been a fan of Wet 'n Wild ever since I saw their counter at SM Department store. I love their lipsticks in particular. It is sad, however, how overpriced their products are. You can get their lipsticks in the U.S. for a dollar or $ 2.99 ( Php 41.00 - 150.00 approx) and their eye shadow palettes for $4.99. 

Gurus around YouTube and the blog-o-sphere have given their palettes rave reviews. I wanted for so long to get my hands on their eye shadow palettes that's why I was thrilled when I saw this palette in one of the stores in Pop Culture, Trinoma.


THE CLAIM

A stunning collection of  8 silky, ultra pigmented day-to-night- colors.
Mix and match form a variety of looks from sweet to wild!
All-day, crease-resistant colors

OVERVIEW

(I do not really know how old this palette is but I got it sealed and in great condition.) I HEART Matte  was released by Wet n Wild as part of their 2011 Holiday Collection. Wet n Wild released a repeat of this as part of the Where's the Party collection and it's called Drinking a Glass of Shine.

This received so much buzz when it was released because it has 8 gorgeous matte colors. It is very rare to find affordable all-matte palettes out there. OK so as I said this palette contains 8 matte colors from jewel to earth tones. I noticed that the blue and purple have a hint of shimmer. I bought this for Php 380.00 at Pop Culture in Trinoma. 


PACKAGING

It is housed in a plastic hinged container. It doesn't feel that sturdy to me. I feel like if I drop it, it will shatter into pieces.  I love how these are presented because it is like Eye Shadow for Dummies. The pans are labeled according to how they are supposed to be used - very helpful for make up newbies.

SCENT

There's no old make up scent or any noticeable scent to this.

PIGMENT

For a matte eye shadow, this deposit pigment well. I am amazed. The neutral shades are great for every day wear since they're matte. These can also be built up for a smokey eye look. While the bright colors are great if you want a fun look for day or a night out with friends. A little goes a long way with these. My brush barely touch the pan but it still deposited a lot of color.

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

Some of the shades were powdery/chalky but not to the point where its blends into nothing. These shades are very easy to blend and with a minimal fall-out. These last fairly long over a primer with very little fading. 







top: natural light
bottom: with flash

top: natural light
bottom: with flash

Over all, I am in love. This particular palette gives you more options. You can mix and match or you can stick to one look. Your creativity is the limit. I suggest you look for online sellers to get it at a much cheaper price. This one is not available in the Philippines but the other shades are and they retail for Php 499.00 in SM department stores. I still want to purchase the other palettes. I have my eye on Comfort Zone and Petal Pusher. 


No comments:

Post a Comment