Thursday, May 30, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lip color in Forever Frappe

The first time I saw Judy of itsjudytime rave about this lipstick I knew I had to have it. I loved the color on her and also because I'm on a nude/neutral lipstick craze lately. 


The Claim

Color that Grabs Hold of You ...And Doesn't Let Go.


Take your lips to the next level with Infallible® Le Rouge. This revolutionary and innovative formula delivers bold, luscious color that lasts all day long, making it the ultimate beauty indulgence. Infallible® Le Rouge Lipcolour offers up to 10 hours of vivid, hi-definition colour and shine, while hydrating Vitamin E keeps your lips moist and comfortable. Discover the truest color payoff in a creamy, conditioning base.

OVERVIEW

After seeing this in itsjudytime, I went to see if this is available in the local department stores but, to my dismay, it was not! Well, Surprise! Surprise! It's disappointing how late new products get released in the Philippines. Thank God for online make up shops which sell make up that can't be bought locally. I bought mine for Php380.00 from the seller @getgorgeousmla in Instagram. If I were to buy it in the mall, this would probably cost more or less than Php600.00. This is supposed to be a long-wearing but non-drying lipstick. 


PACKAGING

I'm not very particular with packaging but I must say this one is a sturdy and pretty tube. I like the clear plastic and the silver combo. It's elegant for me. The sticker at the bottom indicates the shade name and also shows the shade. It's not bulky so it doesn't take too much space in my makeup kit. What I don't like about the packaging is the red paint/color/sticker/whatever on top of the cap. It's a little misleading. I kept mistaking it for a red lipstick. I wish they just kept it clear. Also, that you'd have to match the cap with the bottom part so that you can close/lock it in place. You can't just close it in a hurry.


SCENT

There's no offensive/undesirable/nauseating scent to this which is a plus.

PIGMENT

I got the shade Forever Frappe which is described as a rosy/pink brown - an everyday neutral color. This is actually MLBB for me. It appears more pink on my lips with a hint of brown. When I first swatched this, the color came off sheer I had to swipe another layer to see more color. I expected this to be creamy and opaque. It is not matte as there's a little sheen. There's also barely noticeable shimmer.



CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY


First of all, this glides on like a dream and looks semi-matte on the lips. It feels a little thick and heavy. I think this is common in long-wearing lipsticks. Some people might not like how this feels on the lips. I think it's a little bit drying so putting a lip balm under makes a difference. What I don't like about this is that I can feel the lipstick sitting right on top of my lips not the kind that feels like it's hugging your lips. As for longevity, hhmmmmm, it claims to last up to 10 hours but it lasted only for 3 hours without eating or drinking. When I ate, it faded so I had to wipe it off and re-apply. I thought this was transfer-proof but when I tested it by kissing my hand the color transferred slightly. 




I gave this a (3) three because I am not too impressed or crazy about it. It's a great color to have as it's a great everyday lipstick but I am not a fan of how it feels on my lips.  I'm not crossing this off my list, though. I am willing to give this another chance maybe with the red one as it is raved about by Judy. She says it kiss-proof so I might give that one a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment