Sunday, May 19, 2013

Kokuryu Moist Lipstick in Chypre Rose

Hello! 

I am obsessed with lipsticks. Even if I know I already have a lot, it just doesn't seem to be enough. I am always looking for new shades or brands to check out. I always wander around the beauty aisles in search for new lipsticks to try. However, I always seem to ignore Kokuryu because I am a little doubtful of their products - until I saw this one.


OVERVIEW

Kokuryu is a Japanese cosmetics brand known for their Summer Cakes (cake foundation). It's been around for quite sometime. Their counters can be found in SM Department stores and Landmark. They offer quite a variety of products from skin care to cosmetics. At first, I was afraid to buy anything from them because their products and packaging look cheap but one day I decided to give it a try when I came across this lipstick called Chypre Rose. It retails for Php 164.00 and you get 4g which is a fair amount.


PACKAGING

It comes in a dark blue and gold plastic tube. I think it look s classy for its price so it's great. I feels sturdy enough and lipstick itself is not too soft. I just hate it when the lipsticks are too soft  and they break easily. Broken lipsticks just break my heart.

SCENT

I can't quite put my finger on what the scent is. I think it smells like cherry that reminds me of that "old lipstick" scent. It's not overwhelming though so it's OK. I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

PIGMENT

It is a beautiful peach-pink shade that looks so sweet. It is great to wear everyday to school or office. It felt like it instantly brightened my face. This goes on a little sheer on me but it's buildable. It's not matte so expect some sheen when you wear this.

CONSISTENCY AND LONGEVITY

This feels very soft, light and creamy. It glides on like lip balm. It did not highlight dry skin on my lips. It is very moisturizing in fact. I just love how it makes my lips feel. I don't mind that it is not long-lasting and that it transfers. That's very normal for moist lipsticks like this.




I give it 4 out 5 because it is a great product for its price. The formula is impressive. I did not experience chapping throughout the day. I just wish it's a little more pigmented. The brighter shades come out more pigmented than this one. I am curious with their orange and red shades.

What Kokuryu products have you tried? What do you think of their lipsticks?

No comments:

Post a Comment