Saturday, May 11, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Essence Stay All Day 16 Hour Long-lasting Make up

My obsession with finding a foundation that's Philippine-weather friendly is growing. I am in constant search for affordable long-lasting foundation that can withstand the sweltering heat of this country. So imagine my delight when I came across this little gem in the mall.

.

THE CLAIM

Long-lasting and light weight make-up provides a flawless, silky complexion that lasts all day!  Easy to apply due to the soft texture, dermatologically approved.

OVERVIEW

When we checked Essence out, this was probably the most expensive product they have. Priced at only Php 299.00, this claims to be a long-lasting foundation. Since I was on a prowl for affordable yet effective foundations, it is not a surprise that I was immediately intrigued by this. Essence products does not in any way look cheap. One factor could be is that their products are made in Europe, France to be exact. I've seen Colorstay by Revlon but I am hesitant to try relatively expensive products as I don't want to be wasting my husband hard-earned money. 



PACKAGING

This comes in plastic pump bottle making it hygienic and convenient to use. It's also clean and economical because you pump out just the right amount.


SCENT

This has a slight perfume-y scent that fades out eventually. It doesn't give me nausea. :)

PIGMENT

 I got the shade 40 Soft Honey. I think they only have four (4) shades available. When I tested it out  in the store, it looked like the perfect match to my skin tone. The thing I hate about department store lighting is that it tends to change the color of products. When I came home and swatched it on my hand it appeared too orange for my skin. Luckily, with a little blending it became a match. 


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

This product has a thick mousse-like consistency but feels lightweight when applied. It gives a medium but buildable coverage. It covered my pimple marks fairly well without it looking too cakey and my skin is still able to peek through. I also love the fact that it made my skin look smooth and it helped keep oiliness at bay. As far as longevity is concerned, this definitely is long-wearing! It was able to withstand heat and SWEAT!  Take note I did not set it with a powder to test it's longevity. This doesn't last up to 16 hours but it lasted 4 hours on me without budging! I think this can last up to 8 hours total. Once you apply it on your face, be sure to blend it out properly and immediately as this can set a bit fast. Once it sets, it has a semi-matte finish and  it's not moving anywhere! 



HERE'S HOW IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN WORN


taken in natural light
not set with a powder

 I gave it 4 kiss marks just because there's not much variety to choose from. Aside from that, I am impressed with this product. Of all the foundations I've tried,  this is by far the most long-lasting and sweat-proof. I highly recommend trying this product. It's surprisingly affordable and wonderful. I am definitely going to repurchase or maybe try a different shade. I actually want to hoard and stock up! 


I  hope you found this post helpful.

Enjoy checking Essence Cosmetics out! 

5 comments:

  1. I really want to try out this foundation !!! It is cheap :)


    NovembreBeaute♡ - Natassa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Where is this foundation available? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find this at Essence counters at SM Department Stores :)

      Delete
  3. Hello! Where is this foundation available? :D

    ReplyDelete