Thursday, May 23, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make Up

Because I was very much impressed with Essence's 16 hour long-lasting foundation, I decided to try other foundations from their line.  (My sister has the Matte foundation but I haven't had the time to try them out yet.) I wanted something I can use everyday because let's face it, using a long-lasting foundation everyday can be a little too much for the skin. So I am saving that (16 hour foundation) on special occasions or whenever I need a foundation that will last the whole day. Okay, so I decide to try this one.


THE CLAIM

For a natural and matt finish
Dermatologically tested

OVERVIEW

I bought this at SM Megamall Department store for Php 289.00. Yes! Very affordable right? You get a fair amount of product as it contains 16 g of foundation. 


PACKAGING

The packaging is a little bulky for my liking. I like foundations that come with a pump because it makes everything more convenient, hygienic, and economical. This comes in a class jar with  a plastic lid. Although bulky, the thick glass is very durable. I don't think it will easily break if I accidentally drop it. Impressively, Essence does not sacrifice packaging even if they have very affordable products. I'm not a fan of jars ,however. I don't like dipping my fingers in any face products and it just makes it difficult to get the product out of the jar.

PIGMENT

I got the shade 03 Matt Honey. Again, it seems to be way too dark for my skin but once blended out it becomes a perfect match. I don't like having a face that's whiter than my neck so I try to match my foundations on my neck and I don't get the shade that's a lighter than my skin tone. This can be used for everyday wear as it has a light to medium coverage. Despite that, it did a good job evening out my skin tone.

SCENT

It has a slight perfume-y scent. It's not overwhelming and it fades in time. 

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

The SA told me that this is light weight and that it gives light to medium coverage and she wasn't bluffing. When she said light weight, she meant light! It is REALLY soft! I LOVE how it glides on my skin. There are foundations that when you first apply it on your face you immediately feel the heaviness. With this you will not feel a thing. It glides on matte and finishes matte. This foundation is very easy to apply and blend out. Since it has a matte finish, I think this will not be very favorable to those with dry skin. I'm afraid this might accentuate dry patches. As for my skin type, which is combination, this works perfectly fine. I stayed oil-free for about 3-4 hours. After that, I noticed a little shine on my T-zone. It stayed on even if I was sweating a lot. This is not as long lasting as their 16 hour long-lasting make up but that's OK. 



you can't really tell there's foundation, can you? I assure you there is. :)



I give it  four kiss-marks because it gave exactly what I was looking for. Although, I am not sure if this is something I want to repurchase but I am very happy with it as of now. It's great for days when you don't want to put too much make up on for grocery or mall trips. I think this is also great when it is extremely hot outside and you want to put make up on but you don't want to feel like you have a heavy foundation. It is still worth a try. Hey, It's just Php289.00. 

Have you tired this foundation yet? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monika! I love the products that you are featuring on your blog. Super budget friendly! Anyway, can't find you on Facebook. :( Hope you could add me up. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mish! Thanks! Alam mo nmn mga mommy budget-conscious :) Naglike na pla ako sa fb page ng lbd and onesies. Do you have another account? Ako na lang mag-add syo.

      Delete