Friday, May 10, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight in Paris

Last weekend I finally got the chance to check out the Essence counter in Megamall. Among my purchases is their gel eyeliner. Now I've tried SanSan's and Fanny Serrano's gel eyeliner but this one I must say impressed me the most. 


THE CLAIM

High precision gel eyeliner
Waterproof

OVERVIEW

I've read great reviews about this and I have been skeptical until now. For Php 229.00, you get 1 fl. oz. or 3 ml of product. Now that's a good amount of product! I believe these come in 4 shades Mindnight in Paris (matte black), Miami's Ink (gray) London Baby (shimmery dark taupe, almost brown), and Berlin Rocks (a shimmery purple) although I've only seen Midnight in Paris and Miami's Ink here. Some say it's comparable with MAC's Fluidline.


PACKAGING

This one comes in a clear glass pot with a black plastic screw lid. It feels very solid and doesn't look cheap at all. 

PIGMENT

This does not come out jet black but still gives a great pigmentation. 

SCENT

I did not detect any scent.

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

I had very high hopes for this and I am not disappointed. It has a creamy consistency not too watery or too thick.  It's mousse-like texture makes it very easy to apply and it dries into a matte finish after a minute or two.With the right brush, you can easily create a winged line. I used the Essence gel eyeliner brush that retails for a little over Php 100. This is not entirely smudge proof but it will last up to 8 hours provided you don't scratch your eyes. It is really waterproof, though.




I'm sorry for the NOT so perfect line. This was done in haste but you get it. It's black and it's matte. LOVE!


Over all, this is a great purchase especially if you're a newbie with make up. This gives you great quality without breaking the bank. I WILL definitely repurchase. The Essence Gel Eyeliner is highly recommended.

2 comments:

  1. wow... this looks so nice I was in search of an affordable eyeliner pa naman sana kaso I bought one na in online pang practice lang ba di kasi talaga ko magaling mag line or worst laging ndi pantay hahah :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mejo mahirap tlga gamitin ang gel liner kaya lang dito na kasi ako nasanay. Hirap nmn ako sa liquid liner. hehe! May napanuod akong review ng isang YT from the US, i think si Melissa Raymonds yun na sinasabi nyang dupe ito for MAC fluid line ata yun.

      Delete