Sunday, May 26, 2013

DIY Sunday: Revamp Old T-shirts and Jeans

Since I became a mom, I often feel guilty buying new clothes for myself. I always think I can buy a box of milk with the cost of a blouse or a pair of denim shorts. So when I saw and old pair of jeans, I thought I'd just make it into a pair of shorts to save some money. I also found my husbands old t-shirts that doesn't fit him anymore and thought of restructuring them. I was in a DIY mood  today so I decided to revamp my husband's old t-shirts into blouses and an old pair of jeans into shorts with bow-tie pockets. Here's the finish products: 






That's two (2) "new" tops and a "new" pair of denim shorts for me, and the best part is that they're FREE! :) Saved me a lot of money. Too bad I didn't take a before and after shot or a step-by-step procedure but you can find a lot of DIY tutorials on YouTube. 


Do you have your own DIY tips? Or any tips on how to save money on clothes? 

2 comments:

  1. I also have a pants that I made into shorts but you got a little twist here to be different. That ribbon made the shorts extra special. :)

    http://styleandglow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the idea from pinterest :)

      Delete