Hindi ako beauty expert o make up artist. I just happen to love make up and even if I have changed so much since I became a mother this love remained the same.
Naniniwala kasi ako na kahit gaano kahirap maging isang mommy, housewife o working mom, hindi pagiging makasarili ang mag-ayos or magpaganda paminsan-minsan. Sabi nga nila, Happy Mommy, Happy Household. If you feel good about yourself, it radiates toward others. You take better care of your children and husband.
So if you are a mom-on-the-go or a busy stay-at-home-mommy like me, here are some make up tips that might just work for you. Well, it does for me. :)
1. Tinted moisturizer or BB cream Sa dami ng kailangan asikasuhin bago pumasok sa opisina o kaya sa dami ng ginagawa mo sa bahay, who has time to put on a full-coverage foundation? Lalo pa sa panahon natin dito sa Pilipinas! Hay Sobrang init nakakalusaw lang ng mukha. Anyway, kung super busy ka at konti na lang oras mo para sa pagaayos, then BB creams or a tinted moisturizers are good for you. You don't need to use a brush. You can just use your fingers to blend it out. It can even out your skin tone making you look fresh and it doesn't feel heavy on the face.
2. Concealer or Brightener Lack of sleep and stress are common to busy moms especially if you've just given birth and have not found a system to juggle the whole household. Believe me it's OK to just walk around the house in your pajamas and bare face but once you need to go out, everyone doesn't need to know or see that you are sleep deprived and stressed out. Dress up and make sure you put on that concealer to make you look more awake and fresh. Use a concealer that's a little lighter than your skin tone for that instant brightness and freshness. Trust me it makes a lot of difference.
3. Two-Way Cake Foundation Sa mga araw na tinatamad ka mag BB Cream o tinted moisturizer, you can opt for a two-way cake. It has a little more coverage that a pressed powder. You can just pat it on or brush it all over your face and you're good to go.
4. Smudge-proof, Waterproof Eyeliner and/or Mascara. One thing I learned about being a mom of a 1 year old is that anything waterproof and smudge proof is my best friend. When I am playing with my baby, I don't have to worry about my mascara or liner getting smudged or looking like a raccoon mid-day. This is optional. You can skip this if you don't have extra time. However, a top line and a mascara can give the illusion of fuller lashes that can open up the eyes. Just choose one that's smudge-proof, waterproof or sweat-proof. For a more natural look, use a brown liner.
5. Lip & Cheek Tint Another lesson I learned is that you DON'T want to wear a red lipstick (unless it's kiss proof) when you are with a very energetic kid otherwise you'll end up getting red lipstick all over your face. Use a lip and cheek tint, it's dual purpose, long lasting and child-proof! You just dab a little on your cheeks for that rosy glow and a little on your lips to liven up your whole face. Again, I know you may be tired, stressed, sleep-deprived but not everyone needs to know that. You don't want to look like a zombie when you go out, do you?
Remember, you CAN be the most hardworking, loving ,and caring mother in the whole world and still look GREAT at the same time. :)