Thursday, April 18, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Shawill Mono Eyeshadows

I am going to feature an eyeshadow this time kasi napansin ko yung last 3 posts ko eh about lipsticks. I LOVE my lipsticks but it's nice to use eyeshadows once in a while. So here's what I've got, the Shawill Mono Eye Shadows. When I first swatched these I was immediately amazed at how pigmented and soft they are so I decided to purchase 2 first and then went back for 2 more.


OVERVIEW

Shawill kiosks can be located at SM department stores, Watsons, and Landmark. I initially thought the brand's Korean but the SA told me that it's from Italy or France. I don't really remember. Anyway, I didn't believe her. I think it's made in China. After all the packaging states that its  manufacturer is SILORAN cosmetics in China. Despite its origin I think this product is great. This is actually one of my favorites. Why? For Php 69.00 you get 4 g. worth of product with 11 or 12 shades to choose from. I only purchased 4 because they are the only wearable colors for me.



PACKAGING

The packaging is so cute. I don't exactly know how to describe it but it's cute. It is made of a slightly matte, lightweight plastic material. It's feels sturdy to me that's why I think it won't break that easily just don't drop them really hard.

PIGMENT

These shadows have great color pay off in my opinion. You can get a lot of product in one swipe. It has a bit of a sheen when swatched or on the lids but no overwhelming glitters. They are somewhat metallic I think. However, you just have to be careful of fallout especially if you are using the darker shades. It is still best to use a primer to make the colors appear more vibrant. 

Shade 004 Metallic Brown

Shade 001 Plum/Purple with micro shimmers
Shade 002 Metallic Brownish Taupe
Shade 007 Metallic green with gold micro shimmers

SCENT

 I do not detect any scent in these shadows.

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

These are fairly long-lasting on their own but it is always best to use a primer to avoid creasing. These are buttery soft that makes blending very easy. I use only one shade if I'm in a hurry or I combine at least two if I have more time. I am very satisfied with these because I don't like chalky shadows.


Swatches in Natural light

Swatches with flash

  •  Great pigmentation                                                    
  •  Very wearable                                                            
  •  Very affordable (meant for hoarding)
  •  Soft, satin texture
  •  Blend-able
  •  A lot product for less



  • Packaging may feel a little flimsy
  • There's fall out



 Overall, I give this 4 out of 5. This product is worth every centavo if you are on a budget and looking for eye shadows you can use everyday. The neutral shades are great for everyday wear. This can be worn alone or with other colors. This is very mommy-friendly because it blend very easily on my lids even when I'm in a hurry. I just wish they have more colors to choose from.


What do you think of this eye shadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment