Tuesday, April 23, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: COVERGIRL LipPerfection™ Lipcolor


THE CLAIM
Bright, gorgeous color that can transform your day and your lips. Enriched with a silk moisturizing complex, our formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days.

These lipsticks have been around for quite a while now. Covergirl claims that these lipsticks can transform your lips if you use them for 7 straight days because of its silk moisturizing formula while giving you bright, beautiful colors. You can find these in leading department stores for Php 395.00.

I have no qualms with the packaging. Even if it is made of plastic it does not look and feel cheap. It feel sturdy when held, not as id the bullet would in one stroke. I think it's sleek and classy. I also love the bottom part where the color of the lipstick is shown. Makes it a lot easier for me to locate the color I want to use.

SPELLBOUND

SULTRY

FERVOR

Now when Covergirl said bright, beautiful colors, they weren't kidding. The color and pigmentation is GORGEOUS. Opaque in one stoke. The shades come in cream and frost finishes. 

These are very moisturizing. My lips does not dry out, crack or peel when I use these. It glides very smoothly on the lips. No dragging or tugging.  As for lasting power, these lasts fairly long on the lips. On average it can last up to 4 hours even with drinking or eating non-greasy food. Some colors however, like Spellbound and fervor, leave an even stain.  

These a sweet vanilla scent which I am not a fan of but don't find them offensive.

L to R : Sultry, Spellbound, Fervor (taken with flash)
Spelbound on the lips




I LOVE these lipsticks. I love how smoothly they glide on the lips and how moisturizing they feel. I am very impressed with the color pay-off and the lasting power. There's a wide variety of shades to choose from but not all 44 shades are available in the Philippines.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the swatches, all shades are lovely! :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete